Friday, October 2, 2009

October

Native American version of the 23 psalm

The GREAT FATHER above a SHEPHERD CHIEF is.
I am His and with Him I want not.He throws out to me a rope and the name of the rope is loveand He draws me to where the grass is green and the water is not dangerous, and I eat and lie down and am satisfied.

Sometimes my heart is very weak and falls down but He lifts me up again draws me into a good road.

His name is WONDERFUL .Sometimes, it may be very soon, it may be a long long time,He will draw me into a valley.
It is dark there, but I'll be afraid not, for it is between those mountains that the SHEPHERD CHIEF will meet meand the hunger that I have in my heart all through life will be satisfied.

Sometimes he makes the love rope into a whip,but afterwards He gives me a staff to lean upon.He spreads a table before me with all kinds of foods.

He puts His hand upon my head and all the " tired " is gone.My cup he fills till it runs over. What I tell is true. I lie not.These roads that are "away ahead" will stay with methrough this life and after; and afterwards I will go to live in the Big Teepeeand sit down with the SHEPHERD CHIEF forever.

Author Unknown

Ojibwa Prayer
Oh Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds And whose breath gives life to everyone, Hear me.
I come to you as one of your many children; I am weak... I am small...I need your wisdomand your strength.
Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes everbehold the red and purple sunsets.
Make my hands respect the things you have made, and make my ears sharp so I may hear your voice.
Make me wise, so that I may understand what you have taught my people and The lessons you have hidden in each leaf and each rock.
I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be ableto fight my greatest enemy, myself.
Make me ever ready to come before you with clean hands and a straight eye, So as life fades away as a fading sunset, My spirit may come to you without shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment