Friday, January 1, 2010

Good Bye 2009! You were a good year

I can honestly say that 2009 was the most crazy and stressful yet exciting year I've had in a long time. I learned allot about marriage, finished my second degree and managed to travel along the way too!

I am glad to be done with school for a while and happy with my decision to continue my legal education and become a paralegal. So now I have a B.S in Legal studies from UW-Superior and a paralegal certificate from the Minnesota Paralegal Institute. Its been a wild ride but God constantly reminds me on why he chose me for this field. He needs a light and a will for justice that will serve the good of man kind.

The husband and I had a great honey moon to the Mediterranean, Morocco was amazing how ever the city of Casablanca was a little disappointing not much to see there as it is the economic capital of Morocco. Acquit was lovely the people friendly and I'm still cooking with my spices that I bought there. The Grand Canary Islands are the place where story books come alive, I want to retire there when I'm older, it was to beautiful to put into words. Fungal Portugal was beautiful as well the flowers the little lizards, just everything was perfect. Spain It was great to head back to Spain and show the husband my favorite spots in Barcelona.

I said good bye to an old teacher in May God rest your sole Mr Horvat we will never know why you left this world the way you did. But your teachings will stay with us for a life time. I just pray that the peace you were searching for has found you.

We saw our first wedding anniversary as well! Even thou we spent it apart, Husband was in Seattle while I was saying my good byes to my old teacher. However it was a wonderful celebration when we got back to each other.

The summer was filled with festivals pow wows and good ole fashioned parades. Nans loved getting candy and the rides at Water Ski days, had a blast at the River falls festival with Auntie and Ben. Mm mm I have found memories of trolling through the farmers market with Nans as he realized that strawberries come from the earth and that fresh organic strawberries taste sweeter on the tongue. We spent afternoons at the lake basking in the sun while Nans ventured into the waters. BBQ and girls nights were plentiful.

The Husband and I had a blast in Wisconsin Dells water slides can make an adult feel like a kid again even when you bruise your tail bone. Drive in Movies are sweet when watched with someone you love.

I went on a trip to Chicago with my parents. It was fun to see Pete in a big city eyes wide open and finally stand in Frank Lloyd Wrights Trinity Temple. Just thinking about trinity takes my breath away and Wrights original Chicago home. He truly is and was an amazing builder designer. Chicago was an awesome trip and made me realized that I can give back to my parents what they have given me, the love for travel. Summer ended with the state fair in which as in every year we ate are way through

With the fall came change. I am no longer with Express Scripts it was hard to leave all of my cube mates. I admit I cried a little when I walked out the door one last time into the great unknown. Little did I know I was going to learn a huge lesson really fast.

Leaving ESI was hard but I always knew that place was just a stone along my path and my next step was to a law firm moving myself up in the world. The same week I started my new job I almost lost my life. Its hard to think that one moment in time can change everything, it can make you stop and face the unknown, test your very strength. I am a fighter and that's what I've been doing using my Pulmonary Embolism as a stone in which I am going to get past. It was scary and its hard for me to think that this could of been prevented if only I had been properly informed on the dangers of the Nova ring. That if only my DR had listened to me the week prior maybe we could of caught it early before it found its way to my lung. The husband learned that he must treasure his wife why she is on this earth as a woman is a gift from God and God can take her home when ever he likes. I always tell my husband I am a lady and a lady knows when to leave. I am not leaving any time soon, I will use this second chance he has blessed me with to do good in this world to bring justice into the darkness and to help inform other women about the dangers of birth control.

Some thing like this lets you know who your friends are, one lady stands out on the island. Miss Sherri has been my rock during this, she has been my source of fun an outlet from my world of do this not that take this pill and you'll be better. She truly is one of the most amazing women that I have ever met. She will always be one of my dearest friends and I am proud of who she is becoming!

In November Nans came home for his first Thanks Giving with us, I cooked a turkey and all of the fixing. With Thanks Giving over it was my favorite holiday Black Friday, I shopped until I couldn't shop anymore with Nans in tow. He thought we lost the Prius but we always found it!

This year also marked my first Christmas with Nans, it was incredible. To see the joy, the excitement and the grace in his eyes. It was incredible. December brought Nans his first real snow storm, his face lit up every time he looked out the window and saw it falling to the ground.

The husband has also come to my side of the fence as well. We are hoping that 2010 is our year to make a little bear of our own.

When I wake up I feel truly blessed. Blessed to be alive, to have such a patient amazing husband. A wonderful son and three fur babies. I am grateful for everything God has given us. I know there are people who are struggling, just have faith and God will see you through. I am also thankful for all of my amazing friends, coworkers and family if it weren't for you life wouldn't be worth living!!

Here is to a wonderful 2010 filled with love faith and travels. An maybe I'll get a Margarita or two in this year! an of course Health may we all be healthy and stray from deaths door.

I love you all so much!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment